Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Home Reading

Hello.
Here's a little more about home reading...
1.  Return books back to school EVERY DAY!  We use them for reading workshop. 
2.  These books are chosen by your child.
3.  Please log your reading.  I'll collect the log each Monday and replace it with a fresh one.
4.  This should be a "just right" book (or two or three).
     A just right book is...
          a)  high interest (hopefully)
          b)  one I can read most of the words
          c)  one that sounds like I'm talking when I read it.
          d)  one I can talk about when I'm finished reading.

*We know that nothing matters more than time spent reading in just right books!*

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. Greenleaf,

    Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. It's so helpful to learn not only about what's going on in the classroom, but also what we can do as parents to support our children.

    Thank you!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete