Monday, January 26, 2009

My Teacher Sews

Oh...it was below 14 degrees, so we had inside recess today.

Today we are bringing home our new handmade book bags (made by our teacher)! These will take the place of the ever-so-sturdy Ziploc version. Please be sure to return them every day, so your child can take a new book home for practice.

The kids say...
-We started to read Trouble Dolls by Jimmy Buffett.
-We played a game like Chinese checkers with Mr. A's class (our reading buddies).
-We learned a new math game called Total of 10. Lay out four rows of 5 cards (face up) then pick up combinations of 10 (using 2, 3, 4, etc cards). Replace the cards after your turn. Try this at home with a deck of cards...(take out face cards).

1 comment:

  1. I loved Will's book bag! Makes me wish I knew how to sew. I'm sure the bags will get lots of good use.

    --Will's Dad

    ReplyDelete