Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wash Your Hands & Wear Helmets!!!

OK, so is sideways better than no photo, or no photo better than sideways???
(It IS vertical in iphoto...)
2 things
1. Mrs. Barter, our school nurse, came and spoke with kids about appropriate sneezing/coughing techniques...and hand washing. Ask your child how long you are supposed ot wash your hands. Holy cow!

2. We had a serious conversation today about the importance of helmets while riding scooters and bikes. Many kids told me they didn't or didn't have to wear helmets. I was surprised and didn't know if I should believe them.
I shared a story with them about my aunt, who was riding a scooter, crashed and had brain injuries...had to learn to walk and read all over again.
I have 2 extra girl helmets at home. If you need one of them, let me know and I'll send one home with your child. (they are in the Goodwill box right now) Safety First!

No comments:

Post a Comment